Are you looking for the best surfboard travel bags in 2023? Surfers know how important it is to have a reliable and durable bag that can protect their surfboard from damage during those long trips to their dream destination. Whether you’re planning a trip to a break up the coast or a long-haul journey, having the right surfboard bag is essential.
In this article, we will explore the features, benefits and unique specs of different types of surfboard travel bags available in 2023, as well as provide insight into which one might be right for you.
Pro-lite Coffin Surfboard Travel Bag Triple/Quad (3-4 Boards)
The Pro-Lite Coffin Surfboard Travel Bag is the perfect solution for surfers who need to travel with several shortboards. Alternatively, ditch your suitcase or backpack and load your clothes and toiletries into your coffin bag. Its tough material and thick padding provide maximum protection from bumps and scratches while its lightweight construction makes it easy to carry around. The bag also comes with adjustable straps so you can customize the fit of your board in the bag, making sure that it is secure during travel.
- This bag is designed for the traveling surfer taking 3-4 boards. Cut 25″ wide with a 10″ gusset to allow for extra internal volume. 10mm foam protection.
- Includes one internal divider and one board packer bag, internal seat belt straps, four exterior compression straps and 600 Denier poly on top and bottom.
- Identification badge on side.
- Multiple interior storage/fin pockets.
- Vent to allow air flow to keep boards cool.
- Adjustable deluxe shoulder strap with Velcro closure system.
- Exterior side pocket for tie downs/molded rubber handles on ends and side.
- Size 6’6″
Dakine Recon Surf Thruster Travel Bag – Carbon
If you’re looking for a surfboard bag that will help you transport two shortboards with ease, then the Dakine Recon Surf Thruster Travel Bag – Carbon is a great choice. This bag offers a range of features and benefits that make it ideal for any surfer who needs to take their gear on the go. We especially like the heat reflecting bottom shield.
- Fits up to two boards while keeping the bottom board hidden from sight
- 600D diamond ripstop top for lightweight durability
- Heat reflecting energy shield bottom
- 3/8″ (10MM) Closed cell foam for maximum protection
- Heavy duty, YKK molded zipper with internal rail protection
- 65% Polyester, 14% Neoprene, 13% Nylon, 7% Spandex, 1% Polyurethane
- Size 7’6″
FCS Travel 2 All Purpose Boardbag
A perennial favourite, the FCS Travel 2 All Purpose surfboard bag is the perfect companion for any surfer who wants a tidy yet study, compact yet spacious travel bag.
This bag features a rugged construction and multiple compartments, making it ideal for storing and transporting your surfboard, plus accessories. The padded rails are a lifesaver — or should we say a rail saver — and never once have we had damage when arriving at a destination.
It also has a padded shoulder strap for easy carrying and adjustable straps to ensure a secure fit. With its durable design, this bag will keep your board safe while you travel, allowing you to enjoy the waves wherever you go!
- 10mm dual density padding on body: provides an extra tough layer of protection against impact.
- Lightweight: lightweight material to minimise boardbag weight.
- 5mm high density padding on nose, provides a tough layer of protection against impact.
- Designed in collaboration with the world’s leading surf athletes and surfboard shapers, the FCS range offers a diverse range of surfboard accesories suited to a variety of board models, wave conditions and surfing styles. FCS fins are the preferred choice by the world’s best surfers and shapers.
- Padded rail protection, internal layer of protection along the zipper path helps to prevent rail damage.
- Expandable Fin Wing, allows you to carry your board with or without fins.;
- Ergonomic shoulder pad, double layered and vented to provide the ultimate in comfort and support.
- Long-life moulded PK Delrin zipper – built for strength, durability and resistance to seizing.
- Size 6’0″
Ocean & Earth Double Surfboard Bag
This is an AWESOME choice. At Surfd, we’ve had two of these O&E bags over the years and they never disappoint. They’re the perfect size and the rugged design means that boards arrive safe and sound. Perfect for travelling with a regular shortboard and a fish, this bag is designed to provide maximum protection and convenience. It features a durable construction, adjustable straps, and plenty of room for two boards. This bag will keep your boards safe and secure during your travels, so you can focus on getting to your destination.
- Great for day trips, traveling, and storage
- Protects surfboard from the sun’s harmful rays and from banging against things
- Convenient carry strap
- Size 7’6″
Quiksilver Expedition Triple 3-4 Boardbag
The Quiksilver Expedition Triple 3-4 Boardbag is an essential piece of equipment for the intrepid surfer. This boardbag is designed to protect your boards from the elements while providing easy access to your equipment. It features a triple layer of protection, with a durable ripstop fabric on the outside, an EVA foam mid-layer and a soft inner lining. The bag also has an adjustable shoulder strap, multiple pockets for storage and a waterproof zipper closure. With its lightweight design and great features, this boardbag is sure to keep your boards safe and secure during any adventure.
- Lightweight and durable 420D diamond deluxe fabric exclusive to Quiksilver
- Ultra-strong and lightweight flat weave internal PE Tarpaulin fabric
- Form-fitting outline – reducing excess fabric
- Removable internal padded dividers
- Mesh air ventilation and drainage
- PU Inline skate wheels
- Side wall and internal compression straps
- Heavy duty metal j-clips
- Multiple padded neoprene carry handles
- Detachable padded shoulder strap
- Marine grade chunky tooth zipper with PK sliders
- Composition: 20% polyester, 30% tarpaulin, 30% EPE foam, 5% polyester webbing, 5% poly mesh
- Size 6.8″
FK Surf Wheelie Travel Cover
FK Surf Wheelie Travel surfboard bag is an ideal choice for surfers who have to drag their boards a long distance. Ever tried to put a surfboard on a standard luggage trolley? Things can go pear-shapoed fast. This surfboard bag is designed to make it easy to transport your board from one place to another using wheels. Just roll it out of the airport and focus on getting where you’re going. It comes with several features that make it the perfect companion for any surfer. Its adjustable straps, waterproof material, and extra pockets make it one of the best choices for carrying your boards around. With its high-quality construction and reasonable price, FK Surf Wheelie Travel surfboard bag is the perfect choice for any avid surfer.
- Ultra-lightweight durable ultrahex ripstop
- Fixed polyurethane wheels on one end of cover
- 10mm padding all-around
- Adjustable, detachable shoulder straps
- Waterproof lining
- Nose and tail reinforcements
- Multiple carry handles
- Internal compression straps
- Premium YKK zippers
- Large FRAGILE Print on both sides of cover
- Clear identification card pocket
- Fits 3-4 Surfboards
Creatures of Leisure Fish Double Surfboard Bag
This surfboard bag is designed for the cruisy dude and dudette. Pack your fish or nugget and go have fun. Conventional bags are often too slim to fit that summer fish so Creatures came up with a solution.
Creatures of Leisure strive to meld the lessons of their experience with cutting edge materials and designs to create highly functional, premium quality surfing accessories that are built to last. Their core motivation remains the same: to further enhance the surfing experience through products of integrity and genuine innovation.
- Maximum board protection – Perfect day use surf board bag for traveling, storing and transporting your board
- Durable, touch & water resistant – Travel surfboard cover made to protect with Creatures exclusive diamond-tech fabric
- Exclusive innovation – Hydrophobic Diamond-Tech fabric top with 600D polyester bottom, 5mm closed cell foam padding to protect your surf gear
- Ease of travel – EVA reinforced padded carrying handle with neoprene lining and an ergonomic mesh-lined shoulder strap for ease when traveling through the airport and to and from the beach
- Our commitment to quality – We strive to meld our experience with cutting edge materials & designs to create highly functional, premium quality surfing accessories that are built to last
- Size 5’10”
Needessentials Single Hybrid Travel Board Bag
The Needessentials Single Travel board bag is made using durable 600D Nylon fabric with 8mm closed cell padding. It features a heavy-duty YKK zipper and air ventilation panel making it a solid travel board bag for travelling in all conditions on any form of transport.
This is a single traditional travel cover that caters for a variety of different board shapes from regular shortboards to fishes. If you ride a slightly meatier mini-mal this might be for you!
- Durable 600D coated polyester water repellent fabric
- 8mm closed cell foam padding
- Fin slot with velcro closure
- Heat reflective silver tarpee upside
- Generous outline to fit wider and alternative boards
- Removable padded shoulder strap and neoprene handle
- Air Ventilation panel
- Heavy-duty plastic YKK anti-corrosion zipper
- Blank boardbag / no external branding
- Recommended to fit boards 7’2″ – 8’0 up to 22 inches wide
Availible on Needessentials.com
Dakine John John Florence Mission Surfboard Bag
The Dakine John John Florence Mission Surfboard Bag provides great protection against the elements, ensuring that your board stays safe and secure no matter what kind of conditions you’re facing. The 420D nylon shell has a reliable YKK zipper, and the heat-reflective inner works with the vents to the dry the board quickly. There’s an internal storage sized for fins, and the stash pocket provides a secure place to stash your valuables while you surf. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or an extended surf trip, the Dakine John John Florence Mission Surfboard Bag has everything you need to make sure that your board is well taken care of.
- Surfboard bag built for thruster boards
- Full 10mm foam padding provides travel-friend impact absorption
- 420D nylon ripstop shell with YKK watertight zippered closure
- Heat-reflecting energy shield bottom and vents dry boards quick
- Removable shoulder strap and padded handle customize carrying
- Internal fin storage and external stash pocket provide thoughtful organization
Dakine Mission Noserider Surfboard Bag
The Dakine Mission Noserider Surfboard Bag is a great piece of gear. After you’ve paid your excess luggage fees you can at least breathe a sigh of relief that your board will be safe in the luggage hold.
The bag comes with a removable fin slot and mesh pocket for additional storage.
- A lightweight longboard bag for everyday use
- Diamond ripstop fabric adds durability and resists tears
- Closed-cell foam increases protection from dings and small drops
- Energy shield bottom reflects heat to prevent warping
- Heavy-duty zippers include internal rail protection
- TPU venting allows airflow to keep your gear dry
- Padded, removable shoulder strap stashes when not in use
- Wax and fin pocket keeps your accessories organized
- Size 7’6″